Sunday, April 27, 2008

So Much To Say -- no, not Dave Matthews - sorry

I have like a hundred sayings I have wanted to journal, so figured I'd throw some on here:
"We don't have to wait for the storm to pass, we need to learn to dance in the rain"

"Life is a dream- realize it.
Life is Love- enjoy it.
Life is a song- sing it.
Life is an adventure- dare it."

"Thoughts become words, words become action, action
becomes habits, habits become character, character
is everything!"

"Find Joy in the Journey"

"Live with intention.
walk to the edge.
Listen hard.
Practice Wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to Learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is!"

Now, for church quotes from my kiddos, which mind you- happen on the very front center row in the chapel. Thanks to my sweet hubby who thinks they do better up there! Not Good- we just have more room to spread out all of the goods (books, crayons, snacks, file folders, cars etc...) Oh, & then they have room to sprawl out on the floor while they color. All the time waving to our doctor / high council guy on the stand... It is awesome, let me tell you. So, 10minutes into Stake Conference he looks at me & says "this is gonna be a looong 2 hours" Me: "ya think? The Curtis family will probably get kicked out of church" Atleast it was Via Satellite, so we were all watching a Big Screen & it was kinda dark.

Treygen: Satan is bad
Creed: Yeah, Satan smokes
Jason: Oh, yeah? That's not good.

Jodi: Treyg, we need to clean up after ourselves- this is Jesus' house.
Treyg: (looking very amazed) Where is Jesus?
Creed: Jesus is in Heaven... w/ Gpa Brown
Treyg: How is this his house?
Jodi: Just please whisper & clean up like it's your own house!
Treyg: K Mom, then give me some gummy bears


Thank heaven the craziness of bugging each other (tickling, tackling) didn't start until we got home :) & YEA, we made it through Stake Conf, only 2 potty breaks, & a hall visit for Tekai & we were good to go! Now, the day consists of jungle gym, side walk chalk, walks w/ dogs, dancing w/ dogs, a little Wii action, hopefully naps (atleast for me :), building towers w/ blocks, lincoln logs, any other toy or game they can get us in on playing, me organizing something- as always, visiting family, & keeping everyone content for 30 minutes so I can come blog! -- oh no, my time is up --
(the pic w/ Creed & Treygen sitting on their dresser, that is the one I just finished. I'll post more pics soon, I am almost done w/ mine & Ja's wooohooo!)Oh, & Creed says "thanks Kel for the wicked awesome pink shirt w/ the guns on it" He & Treyg both wore their tuff guy shirts today :) Creed's says "Somebody call a Vet, because these puppies are sick!" & Treyg- "Get ready for the Big Gun Show"






**We went to Enterprise last night to welcome home my cool nephew Landon, from his mission to Pennsylvania. My kids were so excited to see him & Tekai was happy to meet him for the first time :) We are so proud of LAndo "the Commando"- he had a great mission & his parents had a fun road trip going to pick him up. Now, he's back to the craZy world of working, dating & figuring out what he wants to do with his life! WE lOVe you Lannie Boy :) The pink satin sheets will come in real handy for you some day :) hahaaa.... (these pictures are a little out of control- Ja & Landon are tight- as you can see!-ya screwballs!)



We stopped in Pine Valley on our way up & ate at our fav- B.I. (Brandin' Iron- for those of you who don't know the lingo!) Creed liked meeting the horse across the street, Tekai loved the beans & just liked running free in the grass & Treygen enjoyed a little of everything- including all of our food. (he didn't touch his own food!)


We like to see the Oreo Cows in the field next to the restaurant, but couldn't see them this time. They are black on both ends & have white around their bellies (just like Oreo's)
Creed says, "I think I know where all the Oreo Cows are.... somebody shot em!"
I jumped in & said, "I'm pretty sure they're okay, maybe they're in another field, or sleeping somewhere." GOOD NIGHT- that's just what my little kids need to think about, is a herd of cows being shot! Thanks for the insight, though Creed. He is a thinker, this one.

*I have to mention the yummy, most Darn Deeeee-lish Million Dollar cookies EVER!! I think they should be a BIILLLLLION Dollar (DR.Evil's voice) cookies :)

Treygalish was my side-kick & helped me in the kitchen. He is a great helper, if I could just get him to stop licking his fingers.
I found this recipe on a friend's blog, but apparently they were in the National Headlines for winning "one million dollars" for them. Holy Judas, they are soooooooooo yummy. I'm telling you, I ate 3 right out of the oven, & then hurry & put the rest on a plate to take to Jason & his workers. Creed & Treygen had their share also. So, I wouldn't polish off the rest. They are RiCh & I wish I was the one that got RICh- off of them.
They are peanut butter cookies with an ooeey-goooeey center of peanut butter, sugar & cinnamon. I just got chills thinking about them, might need to go bake up another batch. I'm not sure I want to spread the recipe- it's almost like it could be a secret one. Except that it's one a million dollars & has been posted on every news paper Nation wide. Well, I'm gonna keep thinking I'm the only one who knows the recipe & make them for different events :) Events? - don't know where that came from. Maybe parties! Let me know if any of you want some.....

...I got to use my Favorite item "The Kone" to clean up after our cookie mess! It is the Best! Especially if you have slate floors & it's a nightmare to sweep the uneven lil' monsters! & it's Oh-so stylish on your counter.

* GREAT GIFT IDEAS*
*who isn't gonna love this Michael Scott statue, that talks?* The Office rocks my world round & round! --I think I've had too many gummy bears today, little shaky. But seriously, what kind of animal are you, if you don't like this show?


*This too, would be a righteous gift...I just want to go here- anyone else want to sign up? It is the biggest pool in the world. It covers 20 acres, is 1000 yards long, has 115ft. deep end & holds 66million gallons of water. It sits next to the sea of Chile. Let's get our passports ready!




I guess I'm done rambling for one day.... hey, you read it!!

6 comments:

bows and more said...

Jodi Loved the post! you are so cute! I loved the quotes! The stories and pictures! Looks like good times! I don't think we can do California this weekend but maybe someday! Tell Shamo I said Hi!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! Love all the pictures and the quotes...can I borrow those quotes to add to my collection?!? Your family is precious! Are those cookies from the Picky Palate sight? I saw those, and they sounded so-o good. The brownies rock! I have made them twice and they are out of this world...

Mindi said...

hey--you have family in enterprise??? i thought we were the only people with fam up there....what is that cone thingy? i am somewhat intrigued....

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Mindi- & anyone else wondering....The Kone is only the BEST INVENTION one of those Target dudes made!! It is a hand-held vaccuum, designed cute to sit on your counter, or anywhere else you want :) Actually I think it is Dirt Devil Brand - w/ some Designer guy who made it look pretty. Well worth the 40 bucks (on sale)I paid. I think you can get them at Sears & other stores like that too. I should pretty much be there spokesperson :) I LOVE IT TO MY VERY GUTS!!!!

Brandi said...

Okay, Jod, I want your yummy cookie recipe...or if you won't give it to me, you can make me a plate!! :) I'm drooling on my keyboard just looking at the picture. Sounds delish!! The hEli ride looked awesome!! Have fun in Cali this weekend!!!
Brand

Shawna B. said...

Well now, this was a treat! So much going on with the cookies and the vacuum and Landon coming home (he looks great! PA is beautiful! I bet he was a great missionary). The quotes were a riot, and pretty darn inspirational too. Let's return to the cookies, shall we? Must*have*the*recipe. Send*recipe*now*please. Must*eat*cookies. Please?! That is if you're not too busy getting ready for all those "events" you are attending!