Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Doctors!

What do you get when you mix broken glass, a hand & lots of blood??? ...... STITCHES!!! Yep, I busted a favorite glass bowl of mine, while trying to be "Mother of the Year," making homemade pancakes for my kids! Luckily for my OCD sake, it was in the sink & didn't go everywhere else. So, I loaded my kids in the car, dropped them at Gma's & drove myself to my awesome Doctor. Those who know me well, are thinking "what in the world- you went by yourself?!" I am one tough chick :) That, & Jason was in Cedar. I was a brave girl, but that numbing needle hurt like a Mother! I asked Dr. Thompson if it was supposed to go clear through my hand. He laughed, & told me it just felt like it. Five stitches & a tetonous shot later, I was good to go! The worst part is where I sliced it open- it is in between my ring finger & middle finger. Trying to keep that bad boy dry, is a nightmare- & it stings like nobody's business when I try to extend my hand- which is my left one.... & guess whose left handed-- Nailed it.....ME!


(pre stitches) K- you can't really see how long it is, because I can't open my hand too wide- but that bad boy goes back an inch!
Dr. Thompson- he's the best! He stitched me up on their lunch break, what a guy!
My battle wound- numbness starting to wear off & hurting pretty good!
*sorry to those massages I've had to cancel for the next 10 days*

After the trauma of that day, I had 2 Doctor's appointment for my pregnancy: one with the Perinatologist Freddie Gonzalez :) & one with my OB Dr. Lunt. My baby girl is looking healthy & measuring about 3lb. 1 oz. She needs to pack on the pounds in the next 5 weeks in time to arrive! Although, there is not much more room. She is currentley hanging out- head under my right ribs, back wrapped a little below my left ribs, bottom, legs & arms just above the right side of my c-section line. Now, I know why the one side is uncomfortable- & she doesn't want to budge. If feels like she is trying to karate chop me out the right side of my body & get into my back! Simmer down girl, there will be lots of gymnastics, dance, karate down the road :)

To top off all the fun at doctor's offices, I found out I have a hernia on the right side above my crotch! That's what the pain is- Lovely huh? - & they tell me I will have to have surgery after she is born! I'm thinking can't we just do it the same time as my C-Section??? Apparently not!

I'm ready to have a nervous breakdown............


6 comments:

kellbell said...

JOdy! Girl I love you! at least you know what the woohaa pain has been...i am always going to remember you being preggers and holding your "junk" in as you walked around!! :) Hope the hand heals quick, let me know if you need anything I am here for you!

Jill said...

Looks like you cut yourself really good. I'm thinking you need to throw a tupperware party and lay off the glass bowls!!! I will come. hope it heals quick. Love JIll

Susan E said...

We really do need to get together!! Love the pic of you and Dr. Thompson. Love him . . . he is the best dr EVER. If it makes you feel any better I have an umbilical hernia that has to be taken care of after this baby. You are not alone. :) What we go through to have that adorable little baby in the end.

Lara B said...

I am so sorry Chucks, I wish I was there to give you a big one armed hug :) Take care of yourself and easy on the glass bowls huh! You are the best and I love you tons.

Rachel said...

I am busting up that you had your camera and got a pic of Dr. Thompson! Despite being in a ton of pain...you managed to get pictures for all of us to see! You are wonder woman! Next time you need someone...CALL ME! And now a hernia too?!! Sweet deal for you right?! You have had quite the luck with this pregnancy, way to go out with a bang! You pick the night, I'll bring your lifesaver sherbet! I love ya! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

WOw, what a day. Sounds like you need to go take a nap!

Hang in there!