Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ADDICTION

I have a new addiction (NO, NOT FOOD- I may be pregnant, but have some control!) I jumped on the big bandwagon I swore I never would & started the "oh-so empowering" "Twilight"!! I know you are all so proud thinking, "Jodi can read??- what in the world?!" I just don't know how anyone finds the time to do it! The ONLY reason I started it, was we had a LONG drive home from Vernal & Missy told me I could take her book & read it in the car. I read more than half of it on the way home, then Sunday read a good portion (too many distractions-Kids) & Finally finished the last 20 pages last night :) Woohoo I am quite proud of myself, I just don't get into reading. #1 I don't have any time. #2 I don't love it. #3 Well, I'd rather do something else! BUT- my mom brought me the second book "New Moon" & I started it late last night. I had to force myself to put it down to get a little shut eye. I'm thinking this girl that wrote this is amazing how she puts "this addictive chemical in it to make you Crave it Day & Night" Wow- I'm pretty sure she's not "crying herself to sleep on her big pilla" for not doing so hot on these books!

Now that it's out there, DO NOT try & get me Hooked on some other CraZy set of books I don't have time to read!!!!!!! Love ya guys- oh, & Kellie & Rach thank you for the yummmmmmy dessert the other night & late night talking. You guys are part to blame for my overwhelming addiction to these books- hope you feel good about yourselves :)
*I better not even mention the third one- maybe I could get that as a book on tape- hahaha, don't love those much either!

15 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Welcome to the club! haha :) Are you going to be standing in line opening night of movie on Dec 12th with the rest of us too? haha :)

Also, the 4th book comes out on August 1st. So, don't think this new addiction will end too soon. Go Team Edward!

Anonymous said...

I've geard great things but like you, no time for reading! I am really looking forward to the movie though! mmmmhhhm.

Jod Jas Curtis said...

If I wouldn't have just had a baby when the movie comes out- I'd probably be the crazy sleeping over for tix the night before:) - sorry kellie & rach --- You'll save me seats though right?!

Lara B said...

Yeah Jodi! I am so glad you are finally on the Twilight bandwagon. I loved all 3 of those books and can't wait for the movie. Don't you just love Edward? Keep up the reading. Love ya

Randy Speed said...

You have GOT TO READ THIS BLOG...

www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com

Steph said...

Dude. Who is this weird Randy Speed guy? He left me the same comment! I might have to consider going private here pretty soon. Anyway, glad you love Twilight. I like to think of myself as one of the "First" to experience it, makes me feel better about the fact that I love something EVERYONE ELSE loves! P.S. I hope you are doing okay. I read some stuff in this blog that has me concerned. I'm not sure of all the details, but it sounds like you might be doing better now. Hope so!

Dana said...

I love these books too and I can't wait for the movie. Good idea reading the book on the way home it is such a long drive. I am headed up next week.

bows and more said...

Love the pictures of your new pups and vernal! So cute! I have almost given in to reading this book! My house is already a disaster! P.S. I got your mesage about the pictures! I would love to help you out! Call me

Mindi said...

seriously shocked that it took you THIS long to get on the bandwagon. for realsies.

i suspect that there is some form of crack for mormon moms mysteriously embedded in those pages.

i kid you not.

been thinking of you--hope all is well!

Rachel said...

You did it!!! MWHAHHH!! Welcome to the club...it is good to have you! And of course we will take a cardboard cut out of you with us to wait in line and then when it starts, you just jump on in! We gotcha covered. I am going to start the third one soon, but need to get stuff done before slacking on life again to read!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jodi! I LOVE the Twilight series! I'm so in love with Edward! So, we are going to the midnight party for the fourth book (yes, we are total losers) and you should come!

Dalton Family said...

Oh my Heck!!! Come with us to the midnight party it is going to be so fun!! I love those books! I was a crappy mom for a week or so but I couldn't put them down!

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

Jamie let me borrow her book, and I am scared to start them, because I don't have time to read....and I know the addiction will happen. So hilarious how EVERYONE is reading them.

Brandi said...

HOORAY!! I PASSED ALONG THE ADDICTION TO RACHEL AND SHE PASSED IT TO YOU!! YES...I THINK I AM IN LOVE WITH EDWARD TOO! SERIOUSLY...WHEN THE MOVIE COMES OUT...GIRLS NIGHT!!!!I AM TRYING TO GET STARTED ON THE THIRD ONE...GOT ONLY ABOUT 2 WEEKS TO FINISH SO I CAN START "BREAKING DAWN" ON AUG 1ST!! I BETTER GET READING!! HOPE THINGS ARE GOING BETTER!! :)

Sparks in the Desert said...

What a great addition! I had Dana offer to bring them to me while I was on bed rest...I was afraid that I would become addicted, so I passed! I'm sure I will be jumping on the ban wagon soon!