Happy Father's Day Jas!
He is an amazing man! He is a hard working, wiggle car ridin', swimming buddy, story telling at night, cuddling by the boys, four wheel ridin', song maker-upper, funny picture drawing, tickle monster, jokester, Wii playing, High School Musical Dancing (for the kids of course), popcorn & sno-cone making/ eating, fun loving Dad! Creed says he loves when daddy bounces him high on the tramp. Treygen likes to go on 4-wheel rides with dad- it is Awesome :) Tekai also likes the 4-wheeler & loves to tackle daddy when he walks in the room! Thank you Jas for being the most loving & fun dad for our family. We all love you & hope you have a great day!
P.S. I also hope my non-vegetarian dinner turns out- if not, you always have the "meat man" back up in the freezer! I'm pretty sure I can handle the yummy potatoes & corn recipes- not making any guarantees with this new chicken one -sorry.
I'm sure I will have more pics of my boys on Father's Day- will add more later ;)
**Great Dad #2**
Jason has a wonderful dad whom I get to call Dad too. (Although I kinda like calling him Elby!) He is always happy & ready to give us some piece of information we haven't heard before. We love it. He is very knowledgable in everything. He is very talented & a go-getter of a guy. I think we know where Jason gets his ambition from :) He was a great coach for Jason on many teams. A great Scout Leader- always having fun. We are truly grateful for his love & support he gives us. Our children absolutely adore him & love the buckin' bronco rides he is always up for giving. He has so much energy to go around & loves to hike, repel, boat, fish & play with the kids. He loves Sharp Cheddar Cheese, & one year for Christmas that is what we gave him!- a BIG block of cheese & crackers- couldn't ask for more huh Papa Bear?! We miss seeing him & Mom since they moved to Texas. They are doing great work out there both for the Church & for their jobs. Thank you for your amazing love & example you teach us. We hope you have a wonderful Father's Day & hope to see you soon. We love you & are so happy to call you "Papa Bear" ;)
*These are some fun pictures of Elby & the kids- & Jason with Dad*


My Sweet Daddy who is not here with us, on earth, anyway- but we know his Spirit is with us. It has been another emotional holiday for me, missing my dad on Father's Day. I don't know anyone who knew my dad that didn't smile each time he was around.
He was a jokester, a whistler, a Johnny Cash listener, a Pink Panther watching, a rough hugger, a pleaser, a BYU's Biggest fan, a rook playing, a New York Yankee follower, a Big Hearted, a loudest fan in the stands, a "Judas Priest" yelling, a peanut butter eating, a Best White Elephant giving, a world travelling, kind hearted man! And I get to call him my Dad! If ever I was having a hard time with anything, I could call him or go see him & he knew exactly what to say. Whether it was what I wanted to hear or not, he knew how to handle things & give compassion & love at the same time. He ran LDS Social Services in Arizona, ran the IHC Hospice program up here & has helped so many people unconditionally. I'm so proud to be part of his Legacy & hope that I can carry on some of his wonderful teachings to my children. I love you Padre & my heart aches, I miss you.








10 comments:
Have a great day with your honey, he sounds amazing!
I've thought about you today and going through the first Father's Day. Thank goodness for our faith in knowing we WILL see our loved ones again! Hope you guys have a wonderful day! ;)
Jodi, what a cute tribute to he men in your life! I am sad for you too! I loved your Dad he lives on in you! I see so much of him in you, the way you talk sometimes your silly looks or smile! Your dad had a great smile! He always made me feel special, almost like part of his family! He was, and is an amazing man, and you are right his legacy does live on, it lives on in you! You are such a wonderful person, so full of energy and light, you add so much to my life! I love you! Love, Kelsi
You have such a cute way with your posts! I always get excited when you have a new one! You have one of the sweetest families I know and you are one of the nicest people I have ever known. And I know your dinner turned out...the next time you need corn...you just holler! I will always keep an extra in my pantry for you! Thanks for being such a great friend and such a good example. You do inspire me to be better and to do a better job.
so sweet, jodi--your man is a keeper, and i love that your dad would have yelled, "judas priest"--that is russ's favorite line!
loved seeing your cute litte guy yesterday.
HOW CUTE JODI... YOU HAVE ALOT OF GREAT MEN IN YOUR LIFE... I'M SOOO SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAD...
What a lucky girl you are, and your boys too.
I loved the tribute to your dad, so true. He was hilarious. I say judas priest all the time still, especially when I'm driving.
Miss you,
Joanie
Sounds like you have/had some great men in your life!
I love ya Jodi! I love that picture with you and your dad together!
I love all the pictures of your dad. Shane & I have such great memories of your family here in AZ. Love ya lots.
Post a Comment