Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Annabella Trip

This past weekend was an ending of an era for us. My gpa Virge passed away at the great age of 96, & he was the last link I had to my dad. It has been tough & yet we all feel very comforted to know he is well with our other family who has passed on. I was so glad that each of my kids was so happy to see Gpa & want to say good-bye to him. I've always had a hard time with viewings ever since I was little- so it was good that my kids were so calm & normal :) It is always great to see our family & sucks that it is always like this - at a funeral. We had some good times: late night Rook games (in Gpa's honor), yummy treats, swimming fun & just laughing & being CRaZy together.-- we're all pretty good at that!





*We got some pics by my dad's headstone - it turned out really nice



6 comments:

Mindi said...

i'm glad you had a good time--it's always important to say goodbye.

LOVE the photo of all of the adults on the bed.....

Brandi said...

My family is preparing , as best we can, to go through what you just went through. My Great-grandpa just turned 87? (yeah, my kids Great-Great grandpa, neat huh?!), and is not doing good. Anyways, he will be back with my other grandpa, who was like his best friend, so there is comfort in that. Love the pic of Creed jumpin in the water!!! That is awesome!! Love ya!!!

Kristin and Bridger said...

Jodi! I was so sad to hear about Grandpa Virge. Hope you guys are doing okay. I'm sure it was a great reunion on the other side! Your dads headstone turned out beautiful! You're still in our prayers, we love you!

bows and more said...

Jodi how blesses we are to have the gosple, I can only imagine how blessed your Dad feels to look down from heaven and see his family! You have such a wonderful family! I love the picture of you all piled on the bed that bond is worth more than millions of dollars! It is the whole purpose of our lives! I am sorry for your loss! But so happy for your Gpa and for that sweet reunion in heaven! Love ya

Rachel said...

I am glad you were able to go and to spend time with your family. It always makes it easier to cope when you are surrounded by your family. It looks like you were able to have some good times with them...and that is what counts!

Anonymous said...

Jodi-
Sorry for your loss, I hope that you are able to take some time and heal. Your family will help you get through this difficult time. You're in my thoughts!