Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter 08 Baby!

Easter (Crazy) Fun:
We had a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt/ breakfast Saturday morning. On the way down to our neighbor's, Tekai found the only mud puddle & fell into it- it was just lovely. He just got messier by the second after that. He would grab handfuls of other kids chocolate, they had unwrapped & put next to them- & shove his mouth full! He looked like he was bleeding chocolate & it got everywhere!! The Easter Bunny made a surprise visit. It was a friend of ours, but still pretty scary, a ginormous easter bunny. Cmon- I was a little freaked out, so had a hard time getting my kids to stand by him & get pictures :) They did however enjoy the hunt & our friends Easter chicks. We have to see them daily & I love them just as much. We joke that I am like a kid in a candy store, over these little chirpity guys! -- not enough to own one though -hahha :)

Muddy Monster!

*Quick photo w/ bunny
*Chocolate Monster!
*Creed w/ Bunny
*The Easter Gang* (most of them)
*The Chickadees
*Yes, I love this egg stuff!
*My hotty boys (Treyg's didn't want to
be part of their action!)
* but then I got him :)
*Oh yeah, another present-
the 4-wheeler (Jason's :)
*All tuckered out from the fun
filled day, & Boy did they need
a bath... YIKES!
It seems as if there is a holiday everyday I wake up. Normally I am the excited, happy-go-lucky one who wants to celebrate every minute! I don't know what my deal is lately. It's like we have to buy all this candy & presents for everything. So, this year for Easter (after the neighborhood bash) we decided to do this cool thing my sister told us about. The "real meaning" of Easter Cookies. There are like 5 ingredients & they all represent something about the Easter story. They have scriptures to go along w/ it--yada yada. We think this will be Awesome & our kids will understand why we celebrate this day. Can I just say..........TOTAL DISASTER! My kids were so excited to make cookies, & then they were all over the show, wanting to lick & touch everything. Jas & I were like "STOP--- now Jesus gave his life for us----- stop swinging things at each other ---- Jesus loved us so much ---- don't touch your brother ----- white represents purity ----- knock it off you guys!!!" It was pretty entertaining. Jas & I were almost laughing at ourselves. Then you have to mix it for 10 minutes. Well our 10 minutes turned into 35 minutes, because it wasn't setting up. We were trying to sing songs, tell stories & then finally gave up & told them to go play outside.
Moral of the story: just buy treats & presents for Easter :) j/k or wait until your kids can understand what you're talking about & can sit still for more than 10 minutes. I do have to admit they get the restlessness from muy. WE TriED!
We did give mom an awesome Easter Present: Pumba-liscious! We took him to mom w/ a bow around his neck. She thought we were teasing her, until she saw his stuff there too. I think she was excited, a little nervous, but willing to give him some love. He is such a great pup, my kids will miss him. They will see him all the time, & we wanted mom to have someone to take care of her! We Love you Mom- we know he will comfort, cuddle & love you as a Best Friend! You are the BEST :)

6 comments:

Jill said...

Even my kids had a hard time. I think if we do it every year they will get the hang of it, like the nativity at Christmas. Mom looks so cute with the dog. love Ya! JIll

Lara B said...

Chucks, you are so awesome! I love that you gave your dog to your mom. I think she will enjoy it! What a fun, crazy Easter you had. The important thing is that you tried :) You are great and I hope to see you soon. BTW your boys all look so cute, even you Jason. Love you, Lala

RPH said...

HAHAHAHA! I am laughing out loud at your little story about making cookies! HAHAHAAA! So funny, isnt having little kids the best!?
So good to see your sweet mom too.

Kari said...

Loved the Easter pics. I was just saying the same thing about feeling like everyday was a holiday and buying stuff my girls don't need, just because!! THe story about the cookies was hilarious, but at least you tried!! Your mom and new pup already look like the best of friends.

Mindi said...

we have totally had the easter cookies experience, only at christas time with a fhe and it all ended in tears--the things we do for our kids.

btw, i want my picure taken with a ginormous easter bunny. does he rent out?

bows and more said...

Jodi I loved your post, you are so entertaining! There is no one else in the whole wide world like you! I loved the cookie story! toooo funny, I know exactly how you feel! Loved the pictures so fun your family is so cute!