Friday, March 7, 2008

Dog Rescuer of the Year!

Alright, our family has been a little lonesome for another pup since we lost our sweet CocoLiscious in December. We finally gave in & told our kids we would "rescue" a dog this time. We checked w/ local shelters (don't go unless you plan on taking every one home with you) I am a sucker & feel so much love for dogs, so this was hard to see all the animals that needed homes. If I lived on a farm I would've loaded them all up & brought them home. Long story short we got a Maltepoo (Maltese Poodle Mix) from a super great family in Zion. They have other animals & live in a gorgeous view of Zion home, about 1 minute from the park. Their other dog (Pomeranian) wasn't very nice to this sweet little girly pup. We took her w/ us & tried to think of a name, since they hadn't really had a real one for her. We have never really had a hard time coming up with names, but this one was a real challenge for some reason.


Just a few of the entries were: Harley, Mercedes, Mossimo, Zion, Marley, Marshmellow, Yaki, Lexus, Sequoia (since we probably won't get our girl :), Yota, Precious, Fergie, & the winner is:......... Foxy Indiana Marshmellow Curtis.

Creed said we could call her whatever we want, but he is going to call her Marshmellow, because she is white, fluffy, sweet & Gooey! --not quite sure about the gooey :)

I had been calling her Indy (Indiana) she is really playful & quite fast. Then my mom said she kinda looks like a little fox. Hence where the name "Foxy" came in to play. Now I know why so many people have like 50 names on their dogs papers--hahhaa.

So, that was Tuesday. Then on Friday I got a call from the Shelter asking if I got a dog yet because they had a darling Shih-tzu. I told them I was on my way to get him. I figured my mom could take him. He is house broken & so great with kids. We picked him up & my kids loved him too. The lady told us his name was "Buttercup"- what in the world? Jason said that was as bad as if my name was Bob! Anywho...he has a big underbite (makes him look tuff) & it resembles Pumba from Lion King. So, we are calling him Pumba, since he didn't really respond to Buttercup anyway (thank Heavens!) He is such a sweet dog & gets along great w/ Yoshi & Foxy. He also loves to play fetch & is really cuddly w/ Jason. Go Figure. I am the REscuer here, but heck he will get all the love! No--my pups do love me too. My sister Jill wants one of them, so we'll see. I'm not sure my kids are letting any of them go right now. I was planning on giving one to my mom, so I guess if Jill is coming up here I would consider that :) We get attached to animals if you couldn't tell. My kids already want to sleep w/ them.

I don't have any snapshots of Pumba because my camera broke yesterday!! I was so Angry, I was a tornado of anger! :( I love pictures, so guess there will be another expense this month: Camera. Fortunately, we did get some w/ Foxy Marshmellow girl, before the devastation of the camera sitch. Here is ONE of the newest members of the Curtis Family.....................................

Picking up our new pup in Zion -Happy Day
*Treygalish loves that he can hold her
Creed took great care of her on the ride home
*Tekai loves chasing her around & playing ball
*Gosh, I have a bunch of Hotty boys don't I?*.... oooh, I can't get enough!
**I will post pictures of our Precious Pumba when I can**

11 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

How cute is that puppy! Your kids so so dang cute! My poor husband HATES dogs.... I'm afraid our poor kids won't ever get to enjoy the fun of having a dog.

Dalton Family said...

Jodi you are so cute with your dogs. I love it! You have the best heart! Yeah, Spring Break is here and we have to hang out! I will call you! I am happy for the new addition to your family!

Rachel said...

Congrats on your newest additions! Foxy (or Indy or Marshmellow!!) was adorable when I saw her. I think it is so sweet that you have a soft spot for dogs...they all need someone to love them!

bows and more said...

Jodi,I love you! Your blog is so cute! I love your post about your new pups! good for you, I am so glad you are finding ways to fill your heart with JOY! You are such a neat person and friend, with such a tender and loving heart! I saw Tekai's pictures! Tooo cute! What a doll, I love the ones with you and all your boys! They are priceless! Love you tons, Kelsi

Mandi said...

What a cute puppy! I can't wait to see the next one. My kids are scared of dogs, so maybe I'll have to come show them yours:) Anyways your boys are darling!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new pup! I am such a dog lover too!

Nancy said...

What a good idea about rescueing(sp?) a dog. I love that idea however I have one dog(or as I tell people part dog part horse) and that is all I can take. I really want a nice cute dog like your's and not one who weighs as much as me(no lie). So I told Bret that I wanted a weenier dog when this other dog dies and he laughed and said that we are a big dog family. Whatever-I am so getting that weenier dog.

Kari said...

I can see how you fell in love with that little Foxy. She is so cute and I agree with Creed--a little gooey!! My girls want a puppy so bad, but I am just not up for it!! I admire you for brining 2 more "babies" into your home!!

kellbell said...

ahhh look at that cute puppy! You are such a sucker for puppies! We had a blast on Saturday beside Kases little episode!

Anonymous said...

your doggies are so lucky! too bad for my kids, i'm not sure we will ever get a dog.

Lara B said...

Congrats Chucks on the new member of the fam. You are so sweet and yes definetely the Dog Rescuer of the year. I Love You, Lala