Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just a few projects

Here are a few of the projects I have been working on. I love to finish furniture, do new crafts, & well just stay up way too late! This chair is one of 6 I finished from my grandma's 75 year old dining set. I will post the table later. I was very happy with the results of these chairs. My family laughed at me when they saw what I wanted to finish. The set was so hammered & falling apart. I told them they'd be sorry when I was done. Nothing a little paint, fabric & love to polish it up. :) Whose laughing now huh?!

This is obvious: Chore Chart. I always see the cute FHE boards, but wanted something different that I would use more, so came up with this. My boys love changing the chores up.
I made this from a cabinet door, added some hooks, cute pics & ribbon- Voille. I have hung this in 3 different places in my house. I think it will be staying in the office for now. I do like to change things up a bit.

The big frame credit goes to Jason. He made me this & I have enjoyed it. I made the little wire people below it. My sister & I have made several of these wire guys. Notice the ginormous girl one (that's me) I really need to swap that out, so I don't look like I am overtaking the fam :) Lori & I come up with some fun things to make- never a dull moment with us! We have made some pretty sweet wood working goods :)
Okay, the awesome sketch of my boys was made by my friend Margie Chamness. (the flash doesn't do this justice) She is absolutely amazing & so talented. If anyone ever wants a fabulous sketch of anyone, she is the one to do it! She also did a picture of my parents recently. We gave it to my mom on my dad's b-day. My mom cried when she saw it.
I just made the magnet board/frame that it is on. I have yet to decide what kind of frame I want for this sketch. So, for now, it is in my Entry like this- & I love it. It is sooo my boys. It captures each of their personalities & every detail of them. Thank you Margie!
I need to take more pics of the other things I've been working on. I just hung my boys blessing outfits on a hook board I made, & finished an old desk that I got from my Gpa Virge.
*I will post more pictures of those projects later*

11 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

When do you find time for all these crafts? They are all awesome. This post MIGHT motivate me to finish some of my projects. I have a few quilts that need finishing... haha :) I'll let you know!

RPH said...

OHHHH! I love it! I always enjoy when people post projects they have done. Too cute. Looks like you are adding a lot of personality to your house. Love the chairs too. I cant wait to see more.

Rachel said...

Okay so Jodi, we have another thing in common...I LOVE to refinish furniture. I have DI dived a couple of times and have taken family hand me downs and refinished them! We will have to get our projects together too and finish them! Yet another reason to get together...that would be great! I love your frames and your chairs look adorable! I am going to have to steal the chore chart idea...we don't use the FHE chart as much as we should but a chore chart...now that is something I will use! I'll have to come and see how you did your boys blessing outfits!!

Kari said...

Love Grams chair all redone!! You are one talented lady!! The staying up way too late thing must run in the family because I have a tendency to do that as well. But, when else is there to get anything done! I love seeing all the cute pics of your family. You are right, Tekai and Claire do look a lot alike. Red heads unite!!

Kristin and Bridger said...

Jodi! Hey, it's cousin Kristin. I love your blog! Your projects are so cute, I'm very impressed! And your boys are darling. Hope you guys are doing good!

Lara B said...

What the heck, I want my table back. It looks so awesome. Chucks I am so proud of you and how talented you are. I cannot believe we are related, and that I have no creativity. Good Job Rara and with one arm, impressive :)I love you

Linds said...

jodi you are so talented! where do you get your ideas? ok, so i just realized that i named your link on my blog curtis and jodi! ha ha! duh! i'm such a dork!

kellbell said...

you are sooo freakin crafty love the chair...can't wait to see that desk. oh and ur photographer is fabulous!

Shawna B. said...

Great projects! What a talent you are, Jodi Bloders Briggs Berrett Bouvier Blister Brown! Didn't I use to call you some crazy long nickname like that when we were young? I think I did. It's a little creepy, but still makes me laugh. Your projects look great! Who's laughing now? No one! :)

Love you and hope all's well.

PS - We are moving back to Utah in July, so hopefully that will mean some fun cousin reunions!!!!

The Riches Family said...

WELL DONE JODI! I love the projects you've done! They all look awesome! I can't wait to see what you've done with Grandmas table! I love the chair!

bows and more said...

Hi jodi, I love all your crafty girl projects! You amaze me, I also love your blog, it is so you!I am so excited to start bloggin so we can keep in touch even more, I love ya lots, Kelsi