We went up to Salt Lake Tuesday night. We shopped at the Gateway Wednesday & ate at my fav- "California Pizza Kitchen" for my b-day! Their "fusilli w/ sun-dried tomatoes & brocollini" is absolutely the best pasta ever made- seriously! :) If anyone wants to challenge that- have at it - YOU Won't WIN!! heheee... Creed had his eye apt. at the Moran Eye Center- Primary Children's that afternoon. They decided then to go ahead with his surgery for Thursday. We got to Primary Children's about 9:45am & his surgery was at 11:30am -- which really meant 12:15pm. His Doctor (Hoffman) would be cutting into his lateral muscles on both eyes & tightening them, to help hold his eye in the center. It only took an hour, but he had a hard time "coming to" from the anesthesia. He was pretty agitated & really wanted to open his eyes. He was having such a hard time- they say it feels like sand is all over in them. He didn't even want his Fav- slushies (that's what they offer them) :( My poor little dude, I had a hard time watching him go through that. His last surgery was 2 years ago & he did great- it didn't take him this long to come out of it. We were worried we might have to stay overnight. He kept throwing up when he would sit up & he wouldn't drink anything. They finally decided he had enough fluids in his IV to let us take him home. That was only if we promised to bring him back if he wouldn't drink anything by morning & keep stuff down. We were glad to get him home. (to my cousin's-where we were staying) He slept almost the entire rest of the day & night- only waking a few times, but never opening his eyes. I got up with him in the night a few times & finally around 5:30am Friday morning he wanted to drink something-- yea!!! He kept it down & was hungry- so ate some crackers & was feeling great again... double YEA!!! We finally convinced him to open his eyes by a little bribery :) He really wanted this moose necklace at Abercrombie the day before- I didn't get it for him- so we told him we'd go back & get it. (For being so Brave & doing so Awesome!! ) He was thrilled-- & started to open his eyes in the car on the way there. It had been 23 hours with his eyes closed- woah that is wild! They look bloody- like someone cut into them - obviously! It is only on the lateral sides of his eyes- he squinted for a while, but has done great since! We didn't even have to give him the Loratab Prescription they gave him. He took Motrin Friday morning & hasn't needed anything else. He is one strong & tuff lil guy!
We drove home Friday & watched the Olympic Opening Ceremonies that night. Those were AMAZING- :) The boys enjoyed yelling "USA, USA!" & continue to chant it while we watch the different events. Gymnastics is on tonight- woohoo, very exciting! We love the Olympics, I even get emotional (I am Pregnant!) Okay, with that, who loves the commercial with the sweet song "I got soul, but I'm not a Soldier!"? I can't get it out of my head- love it.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Trip to SLC
Tekai loves to say "cheese" for pics now!
*All of us eating darn delish food @ California Pizza Kitchen
*Treygalish was such a trooper up in SLC- we got him this yummy chocolate marshmallows w/ m&m's - he & Tekai spent a lot of time with Grandma while we were with Creed.
*Jason & Creed stayed entertained while waiting for Creed's eye apt. - I thought we were gonna get kicked out of the place- they were racing this thing down the long hallways- it was hilarious!
*Playing in the waiting room- awaiting surgery
*just after getting ready for surgery- then we were off to the other fun playroom!
*I just had to show how Primary Children's "midgee-sizes everything! -- it is great!
* I wish this picture would do this sparkly green machine justice- it just doesn't! We laughed & thought this would be sweet to own :)
*Now, we are getting ready for School- Creed starts Kindergarten, CRaZy!??! He is sooooo excited- I am trying to be for him, but deep down want to cry & not let him go. If only time could stand still. I look back at the 5 1/2 years with him & wonder where it all went?! All of his firsts: cry, smile, laugh, words, loves, kisses, foods, rollover, kinda crawl (he just wanted to walk!), walking at 8 1/2 months, prayer, riding his bike, sports & so many more firsts!
*We are glad to have this crazy week behind us! Happy to have gotten Creed's surgery out of the way before school. Now I need to figure out where to get Treygen into Pre-school?! I kind of dragged my feet. I was planning on coaching at BareFoot Gymnastics again & was just going to send him there, but with all of the complications I had with this pregnancy- that put coaching on hold for awhile. Now, I am debating on even sending him this year. I may just do my own thing here & get him in BareFoot next year. The boys are so excited to start Soccer too. I am really looking forward to Fall this year. One more season closer to having this little girl ;)
*I almost forgot to mention this would be my last post..............on Jason's laptop. I got my own for my birthday-- woohooo!!! Digital scrapbooking here I come :) Thank you again Josh & Rach- you ROCK!
Posted by Jod Jas Curtis at 12:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





14 comments:
I'm so glad that everything went ok, poor little guy! My brother had 3 surgeries when he was really little too for his eyes, so I've heard it isn't a fun thing, but worth it. Chow!
OMH Jodi! Poor Creed, good thing he is so tough! Yes, at least that is out of the way! WAHOO!!! You got your laptop!! We are gonna have soo much fun! :)
Oh, your brave little creed! what a trooper! glad to hear all went well. cute pictures of everyone. i love seeing your family...you all look so happy!
cute new lay out, by the way
I am glad Creed is doing so good. I was sad to leave with you staying at my house. I hope you know you are always welcome here. I too love the green machine. I will let you know if it is ever up for sale. Love you!
oh, your poor little man!! his eyes make me want to rub mine....
glad he is okay!
that song is by the killers, and i sing it for about 2 hours every time i see that commercial, too!
great minds think alike, baby!
I KNOW how these eye muscle surgeries go...I think we've had our last one with Tori (now that she's almost 16), thank goodness! It's always so reassuring having a great Ped Op & a great Children's Hosp. but still watching your child go into and out of surgery is scary. I'm glad he did so well. Do they think he'll have to have any more?
I can't beleive how brave Creed is! What a little tuffy! Primary Children's is such an amazing place! Aren't we lucky to have one of the best children's hospitals so close? Give us an update on his recovery!
Creed is doing so Great- back to his Wild playing self :) they think that is all of the surgeries he will have to have! YEA- we are happy about that. Primary Children's Hospital is amazing- we love that we have them & an awesome doctor.
I am glad Creed is doing so good. Watching your first go to school is so hard, but so worth it. He will do great and so will you. Call me when you want to get started on your baby's room Love ya, linde
Poor little Creed. I am so glad he is back to normal now. I can't believe he is going to the big Kindergarten. Time flies sooo fast. Good Luck with the first day...it's always rough on the mommies. See you Wednesday....Can't wait!!
I sure hope your hansom little dude gets feeling better, that must stink for him...but he sounds like such a trooper! How are you feeling? Sophie has Miss. White for K. I'm sure we'll be seeing e/o at school!
TTYS!
Sarah
ahhhh pooor lil guy! Sounds like u had a lot of fun up there...that van is awsome! Sorry about tonight...my phone broke and nothing from my calendar transfer to my other phone....I spaced it!!
I hope Creed enjoys kindergarten. It's hard to believe when your first one goes to school! When Spencer first started, it was all I could do not to sneak onto the bus with him and hide in his classroom to watch! A HUGE milestone in your lives. He's so smart, I'm sure he'll wow everyone. :)
poor little dude! so i had no idea he had stuff going on with his eyes and that you went up to the moran. tess has a little eye problem and we have been going up there every couple of months for the last year. we saw hoffman the first time and now we see vitale who is the specialist for what she has. crazy stuff! will he have to have more surgeries? poor dude.. that picture of his eyes.. yikes!! i'm so glad he is doing well.. k so i totally remember tess' first day of kindergarten.. i drove by the school like a million times trying to see her at recess and watching her walk alone cause she didn't know anyone yet.. the tears(mine) were flowing.. it gets better!! by the way you are the craziest prego person ever.. you hardly even show!! you look so awesome!
Post a Comment