Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Crazy Life, but surviving!

*Blogger jacked up my post - SurPRiSe SuRpRiSE! - pics are in some crazy order!
*Yosh wanting to be the kitties new mommy - she would not leave their side & was licking all over them...
*Treyg taking one for the team (or the good of the kitty)
*What, Cayz lil' girlfriend is rolling over!!!??? (She is so squeezable in her little (BIG) swimsuit)- she sleeps in the air conditioned house at my SIL while we swim :)
*Best Buddies / Neighbors Ever! (Creed, Curtis, Jace & Tekai)
*YES- it is Swim season again!
*What forehead?? (camera angle not great) - Cute piggies :)
*This picture should be in an art museum :) pretty funny Kai
*Cayz can finally fit into these newborn shoes :) & she is starting to outgrow this adorable hat my friend made :( Bittersweet times....
*She may be little, but she is growing... way too fast for me!
*Rescuing kitties -yeah, we should receive some award for animal rescues-ha! Satchy-Shamulish wanted to play with them, Creed was so good to them... & then we had our friend Kellie rescue them from us :)
*Bike ramp fun- is that safe?! SURE :)
*Treygalish going over the sweet jumps -luckily with his helmet (had a few minor crashes-he's tuff!)
*Creed not messing around with his head gear!

*I have like 200 pictures from the last month, hmmm ya think I'm a camera freak? Now if I can just get them scrapbooked haha :) Atleast digiscrappin' is easier & not so messy!

Now let's get down to the Nitty Gritty.... (my kids & I love Nacho Libre)

I feel like my life has been so wild & up in the air lately!! I hate feeling like I don't have control of my surroundings. We have been really trying to figure out where we are supposed to be right now. If you'd have asked me 7 years ago, I would say anywhere in the world- I'll go. But now having 4 little kiddos to raise, we are at HOME & feel so comfortable HERE. We don't want to move, I have had a hard time even talking about this because I finally felt like with Cayzli girl here, being our finale, we are settled & ready for the next step of raising our kids.
Which we planned on doing in this home :) We loooove our neighborhood, ward & friends / family that we have.

I get choked up just typing this, let alone talking about it. We have had a little too much change in our lives this past year & a half! I was hoping to have a fun filled new year, with as little drama as possible- haha! Such is Life....

It just brings back too many memories of moving here when I was 14. I took one look at this place & was like "what kind of jacked up small hick town is this?" Adjusting here was hard, getting ready to start high school, competing gymnastics, leaving friends I had grown up with since birth... not knowing a single sole was very scary! People always say I make friends so easily, I'm so outgoing- yada yada - I was content with where I was!

But it wasn't my choice, so I made the best of what I had thrown my way. I can honestly say I had 2 great friends (thank heavens) that were so nice to me & truly cared about me. Kelly & Jessica were my best friends, & felt like, only real friends I had here for a long time! It wasn't that other people were mean, they just didn't know how to go out of their own comfort zone to become friends. That is when I decided I would be friends with anyone- I went out of my way to say "Hi" or to see if people wanted to hang out, just whatever I could do to be happy & not so "clicky" We do live in a place that tends to be that way-- a little "keeping up with the Joneses" so to speak. :)

Jas & I always said we would like to move somewhere- out of state - just something new for both of us, when we first got married. I slowly adjusted to my surroundings, BEAUTIFUL I might add :), & living here wasn't so horrible as it once seemed. We have gorgeous Red Rock hiking, Mtns that seem to be picture perfect, lakes close by to wakeboard & play, & a safe security most cities don't have. I could see why people wanted to raise families here.

So, when we moved into our home here almost 4 years ago, we felt like this was the place! Yeah there are always a few things you would like differently, but overall we were content & blessed to be here. We have so many young families in our neighborhood, any kind of doctor you need :) haha- we call it "the doctor street" because there are literally 7 doctors of different medicine on it. All of which are wonderful people, with great families we adore.

Our kids have the time of their lives, playing out front with all their friends, that flock to our carport. It's either Basketball, bike riding & ramps, football, 4-wheelin', soccer, water fights or some form of running around with lots of laughter :) going on! Creed really heads up the partying, Treygen is a great follower -likes to join in & Kai just loves to do whatever they are doing to feel BIG!


So, to make decisions on going to Texas, are extremely difficult! I realize we need to be where the work is- I just wish it was here. To be together as a Family is the most important thing to us. It is all that matters. It's hard to put things in perspective when we have been so blessed, or "spoiled" either way you look at it.

I have been blessed with the most amazing family! I have always been close to my siblings & my parents. I consider each of them my greatest friends & support. A year ago I realized we don't know what may happen in our lives, we can be blindsided by tragedy. All we do know, is that if we are together, we can handle what may come our way.
This being said, we must not take anything for granted...........

Some days are better than others, but we survive! :)

Here are some sayings from one of my favorite books: Live Good.

"Take chances. If you risk nothing, you risk everything."

"Go where you've never been. Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

"Make every moment count. We don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here."

"Embrace change. Growth means change & change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown." -(I should have this one hanging on my wall)

"Be first to say hello. I've seen & met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people living ordinary lives."

"Listen to your heart. The mind determines what's possible. The heart surpasses it."

9 comments:

linde said...

Jodi, I know how your feeling. Having your husband is home. for two years tyler worked down here while I lived in Fairview or Lindon. It was so hard. I know everything will work out for you. I always have an open ear. you are a great friend, Linde

Dana said...

I can so feel your pain, I have been doing everything in my power not to move but I think it is inevitable. Change is hard and I LOVE my comfort zone. Best of luck I will be thinking of you. Thanks for the post it makes me feel not so alone. Love ya! Oh and by the way I never knew that you moved here when you were 14 you just always seemed like you had lived here your whole life because everyone knew and loved you!

Jill said...

Good luck, I loved the post and know it will all work out. Loved the picts. I'm glad you got rid of the kittens, they are NOT dogs!

Rachel said...

I am so stinking glad I have you! Honestly...it is nice to have someone who completely understands what I am talking about! Now if only we could get houses next to each other and stay in the same town together, that would be PERFECT! I love ya tons and I know that for your awesome family, everything will work out. You must be one strong and amazing chick to have so much happen...He doesn't give us more than we can handle! And you have been dealt a LOT. We will have to keep in touch even if that means Skype girls nights out!HAHAHA! We will have to party and chat as long as we can. Love ya!!!

The Phillips said...

Hey Jodi, We all love ya, I know exactly what your talking about, when we left St. George in Sept. I cried the whole way to Panaca. And it's only an hour and a half away. I am in a town of 1000, 10 kids in the whole kindergarden, very small and very different. Not as many opportunities, in some ways but so many more in others. We have been so blessed, in a really mixed up way, and so have you, and you will continue to be. Love Ya Roch

Lara B said...

Chucks, I love you so much and I am sorry you are having such a hard time. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I know that the Lord will bless you and Jason to know what is the best thing for your family. Take care and I will talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Your feelings are totally justified, change and the unknown are extremely hard. Just know that you and your family will flourish wherever you go and plant your roots.

{{Hugs}} to you!

bows and more said...

I am so sad to think of you moving! Cayzli girl is getting so big! Look at all that hair! So SO pretty! Love all the quotes too! Love you! Kelsi

Shawna B. said...

Jodi! Fun to see what y'all are up to! Man, your kids are CUTE! Not so fun to hear about all the turmoil in your heart and mind about this possible next step for your family. Change can be so hard ... but so good, too. I cried when we drove into New Orleans, and I sobbed when we left. That move ended up being one of the best things for our family. I hope you will be able to find peace with the situation (you deserve to have that) and that everything will fall into place. I know it will.

I just ordered a little sumpin' sumpin' for Cayzli. Thanks for your address!

Love you!