Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Red Hill Engagement

*Blogger jacked this post up & it is all out of order- so today is puzzle piecing together- have at it!! (scroll down & read, then look at pictures-makes more sense!)

*Lori hiking down the mtn. with this heavy as all get out- table- why didn't we use a card table you might ask? - we are asking ourselves the same question!

*Me- I set them up Sweet :)


*K- I didn't really think through my outfit-- I'm sure everyone could see me miles away! (us hiding behind rocks)

Just Engaged -- woohoo!



So, this past weekend my sister Lori & I helped my nephew Landon propose to his girlfriend! The cooler part, I set them up :) Kenzie is so personable, cute, fun & down to earth- she goes perfect with Lando whom I think is Awesome!

We set up a table & chairs with candles, fresh fruit platter, a couple take-out boxes & flowers, up on the Red Hill. Then we hid behind some rocks nearby as they got there, she thought they were meeting his family to go hiking, which they do a lot of. He convinced her they should go see what the "fire" was with the candles & blow them out. Kenzie kept telling him to let it go & leave the peoples stuff alone. He finally got her to go over there & told her they should see what kind of food these people were eating! She got brave & opened one of the boxes to read the note

"Kenzie will you marry me?" She was shocked, laughed & then they kissed....oh, & she said YES!
We got a few pics of it taking place, & some cuter ones after.....

Then Lo & I had the great opportunity of hauling all the stuff back to the car IN THE DARK- we looked "liquored up" & were not at all wearing the proper shoe attire. We both had on clogs, they were cute, I have to add :)
Good Times were had by all of us-haha!!! Congrats Landon & Kenzie- can't wait for the big Date!

4 comments:

Jill said...

How fun!! I can't wait for the big day either, I hear there is a rumor that I might be the flower girl, I can't wait!!! :)

Lara B said...

Yeah! I am so excited for Lando and what a cute girl Kenzie is, can't wait to meet her. You are such a good auntie to help with the engagement, how fun! I would love to have seen you and Lori treking down the hill with that table and chairs, you guys are awesome. Love you!

RPH said...

Could you get any cuter Jodi?!? how fun!

Brandi said...

Matchmaker, matchmaker...you made a match! How fun! They announced it in RS for the Good News Minute! Kenzie is darling, Brayden LoVed her as his Sunbeams teacher and I am sure your nephew is awesome too! Way to go Jod and congrats to the happy couple!:)