Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cayz "One" Already??


Yeah, I'm pretty much freaking out about my baby being ONE!! I hate that they have to grow up. Cayz turned one & turned into a lil' spitfire sassy girlfriend!! All of the sudden she is into everything, & just found the doggy door--- that's trouble. Thank Heavens she has 3 older brothers to help us out! I think we know now why she was last to come :)
I still remember finding out about being pregnant with my angel babe, like it was yesterday!
I was a bit in SHOCK, still trying to deal with the loss of my daddy
not feeling sane at all
praying it would be a girl & then finding out about complications & Praying it would be a healthy baby- not worrying about the sex.
The looong 2 weeks we had to wait to find out the Amnio results- which turned out fine & then confirming our baby was a GIRL! I asked the lab lady several times if she was looking at the right chart & was she sure, she was a girl?! She assured me the Amnio could read the chromosones just fine, & YES it was my chart in front of her :)
Shopping with my boys to pick out a cute girly outfit to tell Jas the exciting news
Buying her first bows, bracelets, shoes... awwwww the list goes on & on & on.....
FINALLY meeting this little Spirit in person for the first time, really tugged on the heart strings knowing she came straight from my daddy's arms, she was so tiny yet I could feel how powerful she was. Her auburn red hair, teeny mouth, precious eyes, those itty bitty toes & lil' Curtis nose made us all fall in love immediately :)
Putting her first bow on her head, & bracelet on her hand didn't seem real -- haha funny I know, but a Big deal to me...
Struggling between names: Kyella, Cayenna, Cayzli (this was our only shot, we had to think it over for 3 days!!)
Cayzli Raine Curtis - "she has a name" is what every nurse, doctor & family member was saying.
It snowed all day & night right before we brought her home from the hospital. It was beautiful to see snow all over the show!
Sleeping in her (what seemed to be GINORMOUS for her)bassinet for the first night - I watched Cayz most of the night, trying to really believe she was our miracle finale GIRL!
Cayz started out at: 5lbs 14oz & dropped to 5lbs 4oz within a few days. We put her in Preemie diapers & clothes for the first 2-3 months. It was like playing dress up with dolls, so of course I was in Heaven. Taking in every moment... & a lot of Pictures! My kids know that everywhere we go, mommy will have her camera :)

We have had an AMAZING & Blessed year with Cayz & she completes our Family/World!
The Princess weighs in at a whopping 16 1/2 (we have to count every lil' bit) lbs. (with all her clothes on!, she is 26 in. long, She is getting some muscley cheeks & Flintstone Feet :), wears size 1 -2 diapers, size 3-6month & some 6-12month clothes, size 2 shoes & has a VOICE, she will be heard! :) -(I'm not real sure where she gets that from?)
She loves her Daddy, but is getting to be a Mommy's girl :)
Foods she likes: mixed veggies, bananas, peaches, pears, oatmeal, bread, lil' soup crackers, pasta, graham & animal crackers, oh & she likes when she gets tastes of suckers & ice cream :)
Words, that we understand: "Dada dada", "Ma mama", "Yeah" & I'm pretty sure her next one will be "Shoe" --she loooves em & has plenty of them!
Songs: You Are My Sunshine, Most Beautiful Girl In the World, I Am a Child of God, Beautiful Girl, I've Gotta Feeling :) -- yeah she tries to shake her booty with us dancing!
Cayz is sporting 6 teeth now (4 on top, 2 on bottom) & her hair continues to grow :) I have cut her bangs several times to keep out of her eyes.
C-Girl is showing us her mad walking skills, but knows she gets around pretty quickly by crawling. She started doing this funny position like she's trying to do a forward roll. She puts her hands on the ground, bum in the air, head looking back between her legs with a huge grin & then I help her flip over.
C can also do some wicked awesome squats, & she does them a lot when she stands up! She squats up, then squats down to where her bum almost touches the floor, & back up again. She obviously picks up on excercise very fast :)
She is soo fun to doll up! Gram Grams calls her the "Fashion Diva" & "Fashionista" -haha!
I call her "MINE"

I love her sweet smile, the way she cuddles, her fun spunky personality, the way she sucks her fingers "I love you" ones & rubs her ear, the way she lights up to see her big bro's & them playing-she joins in, her DRIVE for Life- she doesn't want to be held back & will let you know so... hence the WALKING!

I love you baby Cayzi Cupcake, you will always be my princess girlfriend!
(excited to get her one year pics back from Kel -she took some cute ones today, Thank you! We will be celebrating McKai's "birth"day very soon girl!)

4 comments:

Lara B said...

Happy Birthday Cayz- what a sweet little girl. I had so much fun when we hung out this summer. She is a little mini girl and I love it. You always dress her so cute and take such good care of her. I love to watch you fuss over her, it is so cute. I hope she has the best b-day! Love you.

RPH said...

She is such a little sweetie! So cute! I love how you doll her up all the time, how fun!

Jill said...

I loved being with you guys these past couple of days! She is a little spit fire and I think mom is right, what goes around comes around :) I think she will have to be louder than u to be heard. love ya tons!!!

Soper Family said...

Cute post! We love our little cousin/2nd cousin!