We began our journey to Texas July 3rd! It was a sad day & an anxious one to start our trek! We will be back in a month to get our stuff, so we'll have a shindig then :) We stayed in Phoenix with my sister Jill's Family overnight & on the 4th of July continued the 18hour drive to Houston. Jason drove the entire way from PHX!! It really didn't seem that long & the kids did great. We had little surprises we gave them along the way. They got watches (I made) water light up balls, glow necklaces, gum, activities to do in car... :) Our pups Satchy & Cinny did really well also & didn't make a peep.
We saw some awesome fireworks in El Paso as we drove. We thought it was funny how we'd see places selling the fireworks off the road & people literally walk a few feet & let them off everywhere on the side of the road :) & these were some Crazy BIG ones too! That wouldn't fly in Utah -haha...
We also counted how many trains we saw, the tally: 23 (pretty impressive, we thought)
I have so many mixed emotions right now, anxiety, & excitement about our new journey. I know that we don't get thrown struggles for fun- there is a purpose in it all. We may not understand it just yet, but we will grow. The important thing is, we are a Family & we will do this together.
I miss Everything soo much- but know that there is something out here for us right now. We will be back.
Loves to ya'all until I'm home to play!
*Little Texas Fact: It is the only state that can fly its flag at the same level, or higher than the U.S. flag! (I love how everywhere you go, you see Texas flags flying- they are very proud)
*I'll post pictures of our trip soon* (I have 420 so far)





7 comments:
I still can't believe you are going to be a Houston girl! So crazy! I wish you happiness in setting up your new home and getting settled. Good luck!
Oh Jodi...I have been thinking of you a ton. I have wanted to call but I know how hectic life is right now. I miss you so much. Texas is too far. TOO. FAR. :) I am so glad you are all back together again though. Good luck in the house search. May you only have to move once ;) any more than that is just plain ridiculous! I will be heading down sometime towards the end of August/first of September when my sister has her baby so I am hoping she will time it to when you will be there because I gotta see you! Hang in there! Love ya!
I miss you! Wish we were hanging at the pool! I am glad you are together though! Good for you putting first things first! You can do this! And you will be better for it! I wish uyou nothing but the best. I Love you! Kelsi
I hope you find joy in the journey, looking forward to hearing about it. Wishing you the best!
Jodi, I know this is a very bittersweet time for you, and I want you to know that I am thinking of you and your family, and hoping that Texas treats you right. There are good things in every place, and I hope you find a lot of them in the great state of Texas. Jump in with both feet and you'll have good adventures.
Love you much! Wising you all the best!
Jodi! We miss you!!
420 pics! OMG! Way to break the record in my mind!:) Houston Or Bust, lol:) Your so funny!
Post a Comment