Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to Utah

Alright, Blogger s.... forget it- I'm not happy about the whole sitch! Taken me forever to upload pictures & it jacks it up, random orders & its wasting my life away :) so - here is my crazy entry... (journalling is at bottom)



Catching sand crabs
Treygen, Kai & Creed - playing with the Batrays - their FAV!
Mission Beach


She loooved the sand & ocean -- the sand was delicious-haha!
Loving being buried in the sand
Wild Rides
SHAMU
*Treyg being buried by Cayz

Kai guy running from the waves!
*Curtis Cuties at the Beach
*Blue Horizons Dolphin show

*Dine all day passes ROCKED! - Kids & their "tres hundredth" food item :) duppy in background (dolphin)
*Cayz Happy as ever- loved Sea World
*JAWS - Ginormous shark teeth
*Sea World Here we come!!
*"Heh-yoh Duppies!" -Cayz said that to everyone animal we saw!
*Pilot Treygeater the Heater
*Kids loved this place-- so did Jas!
*Cheyenne, WY Ft. Warren Airforce Base
*We were packed to the brim coming home!

Well I feel like a CRAZY woman-- surprise surprise! I have been all over the show & trying to get life organized & back to normal (whatever that is) again.
We packed up, cleaned our place & headed out from Maryland to Utah on August 22nd. Bitter Sweet... We had the Most Amazing time back East & loved every minute of it! I truly feel blessed to live in America & to have seen & learned so much history that this great Nation has. I told Jas I would move back East in a heartbeat. He replied "you know it snows, right?" I thought maybe I'd have to pack my bags when the snow hit- driving in it didn't get me too excited!-hehe.

We stayed in Champaigne Illinois the first night at a nice hotel & took the kids swimming at 10pm- it was open 24 hrs & I thought "What the Heck" gotta have some fun on a looong road trip!

The second night we drove 15 hrs & got into Cheyenne Wyoming at 11pm. We had a harder time finding a hotel, so had to get whatever was available. It wasnt the Ritz' by any means, the A/C could've been better, but we had a place to sleep-so we called it good! The next morning we met up with my good friend from since I was born-Joan :) & her awesome family! It was sooo great to catch up & see the cool Ft. Warren Airforce Base. Her husband Joe is so much like Jas, it is crazy & cool! He showed us all the sweet military helicopters & they have some really neat homes on base. My kids now want Jas to be in the military, so we can live there & he can fly heli's :)

We got home to St. George around 8:30pm Tuesday night & the kids were excited to see all of their toys & games we had left behind. I was thinking we needed to get rid of 1/2 of our stuff, you can live on so little, we learned!
Wednesday night, after I had been unloading bags, organizing, cleaning & doing laundry, Jas asks me if we can get a puppy sitter for the weekend. I'm thinking Seriously?-for what?! He had planned a surprise getaway-- cuz we hadn't had one for awhile!-haha

Thursday we left for California & played at Sea World all of Friday; & the beach all day Saturday!! I was in Heaven :).... & so were my kids- I loooove that they loooove Sea World like me. Jas got these "dine all day" passes & we could eat at 7 different restaurants in the park whenever we wanted- sooo worth it! The new dolphin show "Bl.ue Horizons" was Amazing w/ aerielists & Shamu show Rocked, as always! Kai & Cayz loved that they could play in the Sesame Bay of Play & rides. Treyg & Creed loved the big rides & getting wet.

It was sooo great to hang out, just us & Relax & do whatever we wanted, no schedule. Yep, me & no schedule- WiLd I know.

We got back to Utah Sunday & I've been trying to organize our house ever since! I'm starting to somewhat feel like things are in a place & better.

Creed is enjoying 2nd grade & is bummed we missed the soccer deadline. He is going to play flag football though & is excited. Treyg loves Kindergarten- he feels so BIG! It is funny to see them get excited to go to school & watch Treyg strut his stuff walking to & from his class room. They have had a lot of fun swimming at Bickmores & Treyg loves to entertain us by dancing on top of the hottub ledge, it is CLASSIC! He can't wait to get back into gymnastics & maybe a swim team. Kai likes to hang with mom & Cayz. He is having fun with all his toys-it's like they are new again! He is looking forward to starting gymnastics again too :) Cayzli loves getting into stuff. She loves to carry her babies around, nail polishes, purses, phones & cereal. She jumps down the stairs & dances whenever she hears music. This girly is soo sassy & sweet :)

We had a fun Labor Day, our friends we met in Baltimore came to visit. They live in Orem so drove down for a weekend. We had a great time swimming & playing games til 3 in the morning! The kids finally look like they got a little sun. It is soo different here then from Maryland. In just 2 days we all have lighter hair & darker skin-haha.

I'm having mixed emotions being back in Utah. We really love the east coast & enjoyed all our travels. The memories we made will be priceless. Now it's back to school, work & figuring out what we're doing in this crazy world! :)

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Great pictures!! Good luck getting settled back in Utah. :)

This might help you with the problems you are having with blogger. It's an alternative that my sis-in-law uses ALL THE TIME and loves:

http://themcmommychronicles.blogspot.com/2010/01/windows-live-writer-is-synonym-for-word.html

Jill said...

cool post, thanks for the update! I'm glad you got to see Joan and Joe. Good times!

Joan said...

Glad you are home safe and sound. It was so fun to see you. Glad you had a fun time in Cali! The dress looks cute on Cayz.

Rachel said...

Welcome back Jodi! It sounds like an amazing time and I am so jealous! One day I want to go back East, I will make sure to take you with me! We would have a blast and you would know how to get us around! :) LoVE yA!

Soper Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Soper Family said...

We're glad you're back and that you had an awesome time in Maryland!

RPH said...

You got to see Joan? I am so jealous!

Brandi said...

Looks like you guys had a ball out there! Your pics are so cute, I am in LOVE with Cayzli's little pink bikini! What a cutie! Her & kam would get along great...she is all girly too!
It was so fun to see you for a sec the other day! We miss you guys around here! Come visit again:)